You may have heard about your friends or neighbors having walk-in tubs installed recently, and that’s because they are growing in popularity by the day. If you’re looking to remodel the existing bathing space in your home, you may be asking yourself, should I get a walk-in tub, too? Well, the two main reasons that people have walk-in tubs installed is because they come with features that enhance both safety and luxury.
Walk-in tubs come with a number of safety features that allow you and your loved ones to age in place, including:
- A low-entry threshold to reduce the risk of slipping while stepping over a high bathtub wall
- A raised seat and grab bars to make lowering yourself into and lifting yourself out of the tub easier
- Non-slip flooring to help you maintain your balance while in the tub
- And much more
Walk-in tubs can also be equipped with a number of luxurious features to make bathing more enjoyable than ever, including:
- Hydrotherapy jets that have been shown to ease tension, improve circulation, and alleviate stiff muscles and joints
- Mini-jets that will continuously circulate hot water, allowing you to enjoy a long, relaxing soak
- LED lights that are placed around the walk-in tub, so you can change the color of the water to positively influence your feelings, mood, and emotions
Work with Bath Expo to Have a Walk-in Tub Installed in Your Home
Since 2006, Bath Expo has been installing incredible walk-in tubs in Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, and throughout Central Texas that allow homeowners to age in place more safely while also enjoying an extremely relaxing bathing experience. If you’re ready to reap the benefits of a walk-in tub, contact the professionals at Bath Expo today.
Walk-in tubs are a great upgrade for your bathroom because they combine luxury and safety for an incredible bathing experience. If you’ve been considering having one installed in your home, you might be thinking about completing the installation yourself. Although installing a walk-in tub can be tricky and is best left to professionals, here are the general steps to follow for a DIY installation:
- Remove the existing tub – The first step in installing a walk-in tub is to remove the existing tub, as well as any accessories such as shower heads and drains from your current bathroom. You can do this by disconnecting any plumbing, removing any seals, and then carefully lifting the tub out of its place. Also remove the wall surrounds if you plan to replace them, too.
- Install the drain and wiring – Now that your old tub has been removed, it’s time to put in the drain fitting and electrical connections. You should hire a licensed, insured electrician install the wiring to make sure that it is done properly.
- Install the plumbing – Install all the plumbing your walk-in tub will require such as pipes, faucets, and valves. It’s probably best to hire a licensed, insured plumber to complete this part.
- Set your walk-in tub into place – Set the walk-in tub into its final location and make sure that it is level. Then, bolt it to the floor and hook up all the drains and electrical connections. Make sure to seal any areas where water might seep in or out.
- Install the wall surrounds – After your walk-in tub is installed, install the wall surrounds of your choice.
Turn to the Experts at Bath Expo for a Professional Walk-in Tub Installation
A walk-in tub installation can be intimidating and difficult for the average homeowner. If you want to speak to professionals about a project like this, turn to the experts at Bath Expo. We have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right.
To learn more about the walk-in tubs and installation services we offer to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio area, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
Replacing an existing bathtub with a walk-in shower has become a popular upgrade for many homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas. This is mainly because homeowners appreciate walk-in showers for their convenience and beauty, and often no one in the home uses the bathtub anyway. If you’re considering taking on this task yourself, here are the general steps you will need to follow:
- Remove the existing tub and wall surround – The first thing you’ll need to do is remove your existing tub, as well as any tile and backerboards so that your installation area is down to the original skeleton.
- Upgrade plumbing – While your plumbing is exposed, have it inspected by a licensed, insured plumber and ask them to make any necessary upgrades. If your tub didn’t have a showerhead installed, you’ll need to ask your plumber to add one.
- Replace the framing and subfloor — Inspect the wall studs and subfloor for mildew, mold, and rot and replace or repair as needed.
- Install a vapor barrier and cement backerboard — Staple your vaper barrier (at least 4-mm thick) to the studs. The vapor barrier must cover the entire walls and floor of your shower area. Then install cement backerboard on the walls over the vapor barrier. Use concrete backerboard screws to secure the backerboard to the studs. Do not use drywall to build your shower walls.
- Apply seam tape and a waterproof membrane — Apply cement backerboard seam tape to the places where the edges of the cement backerboard meet. Coat the tape with thinset mortar. After the thinset is dry, use a paintbrush or roller to apply two coats of waterproof membrane.
- Choose and install your shower pan – You will have to choose what type of shower pan you want to use and then install it into the floor of the existing bathing space. For a walk-in shower, you’ll want a shower pan with the lowest lip possible to minimize tripping hazards.
- Install the tile or other wall surround – Now you have to install the tile or wall surround to cover up the walls and to give your new walk-in shower the style that you want.
Let the Experts at Bath Expo Replace Your Tub with a Walk-in Shower
Since our founding in 2006, Bath Expo has helped countless homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas areas replace their tubs with walk-in showers. Our installation experts have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right, and we only use beautiful, high-quality products. If you’re ready to replace your old and outdated tub with the walk-in shower of your dreams, contact Bath Expo today.
Remodeling a shower is a great way to upgrade your bathing space without having to deal with the hassle, frustrations, and high cost of remodeling your entire bathroom. However, there are a lot of things you need to consider to ensure that your new shower will give you everything you’re looking for to make the remodeling process worth it. Before you choose a shower, consider these questions:
- Do you want to enlarge your shower?
- What kind of accessories do you want your new shower to have?
- Do you want more storage space for items like shampoo bottles, soap, and other products?
- What is your budget going to be?
After you’ve answered all of these questions, it’s time to start looking for a remodeling company that can meet all your needs. Take your time and do some research to ensure that the company you choose to work with is highly experienced and has great reviews.
Bath Expo – The Shower Remodeling Professionals You Can Count On
If you live in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, or another area in Central Texas, and are looking for a company to remodel your shower, look no further than the professionals at Bath Expo. Since 2006, we have been helping homeowners upgrade their showers by providing them with top-of-the-line products combined with caring customer service. After you place a call to us, we will come out to your home for a free, no-obligation consultation where we will listen to what you want to get out of your shower remodel, and then only recommend a solution that will meet both your needs and your budget.
If you’re ready to have the shower of your dreams installed at your Central Texas home, contact the experts at Bath Expo today.
Over time, the moisture from your shower combined with the bathing products you use will turn into water deposits and soap scum, causing your shower doors to look streaky and foggy. Luckily, if you know what you’re doing, shower doors can be cleaned rather easily. If you want to clean your shower doors so that they look brand new again, follow these steps:
- Choose your cleaning product – There are a number of shower cleaners available at stores that are highly effective, or you can choose to make your own. Go with whatever you’re more comfortable with.
- Take a hot shower – Taking a hot shower, or at least running the hot water in your shower will loosen up the scum on your shower doors, making them easier to clean.
- Spray and wipe down your doors – Take your cleaning solution and spray your shower doors with it, then use a sponge to scrub them.
- Let the solution set and then wipe it off – Let the cleaning solution rest for about 15-30 minutes and then wash down the doors with a clean, watery sponge.
- Wipe the door down with a squeegee – Lastly, wipe off all the remaining water with a squeegee and you should be left with clean shower doors that look great.
Bath Expo Offers a Variety of Gorgeous Shower Door Options
At Bath Expo, we have a beautiful selection of shower door options available, which we often pair with a brand new shower space for our customers. When you decide to work with us, you can choose from a range of features such as traditional shower door frames or frameless doors, clear glass or glass with finishes, and doors that swing or slide open to get the perfect shower doors to meet your specific needs.
For more information about the shower doors we install for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
Bathroom fans serve two primary purposes, to remove odors, and to extract warm, moist air from the bathroom, the latter being the more important of the two. After taking a long, hot shower, your bathroom will be filled with warm, moist air that can not only cause damage to the surfaces and fixtures in your bathroom, but also encourages mold growth. However, by turning on the bathroom fan, you can draw out the moisture from your bathroom, reducing the chances of causing any damage. But how long should you leave the bathroom fan on for? Well, depending on the size of your bathroom, the time may vary a little, but the general consensus is that leaving the fan running for about 20 minutes after a shower is long enough to remove the moisture from your bathroom.
Bath Expo Installs Beautiful Showers for Homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio Areas
If you’re ready to turn your old and outdated shower into the shower of your dreams, look no further than the experts at Bath Expo. When you decide to work with us, you will get a shower that you’ll be sure to love because our showers are:
- Customizable – You can customize your shower with a variety of options to meet both your tastes and your needs, including colors, tile patterns, and a large selection of accessories.
- Durable – Our showers are made from a durable nonporous acrylic material that is resistant to staining, cracking, chipping, and fading.
- Easy to clean – Our showers are infused with an antimicrobial technology that is resistant to the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria, so you can keep your shower clean by simply wiping it down with a rag and some cleaner from time to time.
To learn more about the showers we install for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
Remodeling a bathroom is no easy task, and if you don’t have any prior experience, it can become overwhelming. You may be concerned about how long it will take, how much money you’ll have to spend, and what type of materials you should use. But, if you take some time to do some research and carefully plan your remodel, you can end up with the bathroom of your dreams. If you’re looking to remodel your bathroom, keep the following tips in mind:
- Understand the purpose of your remodel – Is your remodel for cosmetic reasons or to accommodate someone with physical limitations? Knowing why you need a remodel will help you select the right type of bathroom fixtures.
- Stick to your budget – Bathroom remodels can become quite pricey, so don’t let contractors pressure you into buying items you don’t need. Come up with a number you feel comfortable with and don’t exceed it.
- Research your contractor – Before you hire a company to remodel your bathroom, make sure you do your research to see if they have good reviews and follow through on their promises. If a company has bad reviews, it’s best to find a different company to work with.
Bath Expo – The Bathroom Remodeling Company that Puts Customers First
If you’re looking to remodel your bathroom and you live in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, or another area in Central Texas, choose the company that will take the worry out of the remodeling process, Bath Expo. Since 2006, we have helped countless homeowners just like you remodel the wet areas of their bathrooms. When you place a call to us, we will come out to your home to listen to your goals and will then recommend solutions to meet both your needs and your budget. Plus, our installation experts can typically install a new bathtub or shower in just a few days, minimizing the time your bathroom will be unusable.
For more information about the bathroom remodeling services we have available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
Remodeling a small bathroom may seem like a difficult task because you don’t have much space to work with. However, the right design combined with the right products can make your small bathroom seem much bigger than it actually is. If you’re considering remodeling your small bathroom, consider the following tips:
- Add storage space where you can so that the items in your bathroom can be tucked neatly away where they won’t be creating clutter and making your small bathroom look even smaller.
- Make sure everything in your bathroom serves some sort of functional purpose. Decorative items that take up too much space can make a small bathroom feel cramped.
- Use neutral colors when painting your bathroom because they can make your bathroom feel calm and aesthetically pleasing.
- Choose to work with professionals who have years of experience in the bathroom remodeling industry, that way you can feel confident that your remodel will get done properly without any mishaps.
Bath Expo – The Bathroom Contractors You Can Trust
If you live in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, or another area in Central Texas, and are considering remodeling your small bathroom, there is no better company to turn to than Bath Expo. That’s because since our founding in 2006, we have helped countless homeowners just like you remodel their small bathrooms within days by providing them with stylish and durable bathtubs and showers. Plus, because customer service is our top priority, you can count on us to answer any questions you may have and provide you with recommendations so your remodeled bathroom will meet all of your needs.
To learn more about the products we have available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact the bathroom remodeling experts at Bath Expo today.
If you’ve been thinking of remodeling a bathroom in your home, you’re most likely concerned about how long the remodeling process will last. The amount of time a bathroom remodel takes usually depends on the extent of the project. For example, only replacing the flooring, bathroom vanity, and faucets will go a lot faster than gutting the entire bathroom and starting from scratch. That said, a full bathroom remodel can take anywhere from four to six weeks depending on the size of the bathroom. However, there are a number of other variables such as sick contractors, limited materials, or other unexpected delays that often come into play during remodels that can extend the length of the project even further.
The Experts at Bath Expo Can Have Your Bathroom Looking Brand New Within Days
Since 2006, Bath Expo has been helping homeowners throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas transform their outdated bathrooms into their own private oasis by remodeling the wet areas of their bathroom. We have friendly and knowledgeable experts who will come out to your home to listen to your goals, and they will work with you to find the perfect solution to meet all of your needs. Then, our installation professionals will come out and work tirelessly to complete the project within a few days, drastically reducing the time your bathroom will be unusable compared to a full remodel. Some of the remodeling options we offer include:
- New showers
- Bathtub replacements with new wall surrounds
- Spa and whirlpool tubs
- Tub-shower combos
- Tub to shower conversions
- Shower to tub conversions
- Walk-in tubs
- Walk-in showers
- Roll-in showers
- And more
For more information about the bathroom remodeling services we offer to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today
The average walk-in tub typically holds somewhere between 40 and 80 gallons of water. By comparison, a standard bathtub typically only holds 25 to 45 gallons of water. When deciding to purchase a walk-in tub, it’s important to understand your hot water heater’s capacity. If your walk-in tub can hold more water than your water heater, you might run out of hot water before your walk-in tub is filled.
How Long Do Walk-in Tubs Take to Fill?
It all depends on your water pressure and fixtures, but many walk-in tubs can be filled within about 10 minutes. Thanks to FAST FILLTM technology, however, the Jacuzzi® walk-in tubs installed by Bath Expo fill twice as fast as other tubs.
How Quickly Can Walk-in Tubs Drain?
This also depends on your plumbing and the tub, but some discount walk-in tubs can take up to 15 minutes to drain. The Jacuzzi® walk-in tubs installed by Bath Expo drain two times faster than average tubs because of Fast Drain technology, which helps users avoid becoming cold while waiting for their tub to drain.
Bath Expo Offers Top-of-the-Line Jacuzzi® Walk-in Tubs Designed with Safety, Luxury, and Independence in Mind
Bath Expo is the exclusive dealer of incredible Jacuzzi® walk-in tubs in the Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio areas. These tubs are perfect for people seeking a safer and more luxurious way to bathe. Instead of having to climb over a high wall and risk slipping and falling, you can enter our walk-in tubs through our large door openings with a low step-in. Once inside, you will enjoy the built-in ADA compliant seat, ergonomic grab bar, 100 percent leak-proof locking door, and slip-resistant flooring. Plus, our tubs can be equipped with a variety of features such as massaging jets, heated surfaces, and Epsom-salt compatibility to take your bathing experience to another level.
To learn more about the Jacuzzi® walk-in tubs that Bath Expo has available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact the experts at Bath Expo today.