A shower pan is a waterproof barrier that makes up the floor of a shower. Its purpose is to direct water from the shower into the drain. Shower pans are usually constructed from a durable material like acrylic so that they will hold up over time. Some shower pans are designed in a way that allows for tile to be placed over them, allowing for more design options. In addition to the barrier itself, the shower pan also consists of a drain assembly to ensure that the water goes directly down the drain, as well as a strainer to prevent any large objects from falling down the drain and causing a clog.
The Professionals at Bath Expo Offer Beautiful Shower Pans and More for Homeowners in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio & Throughout Central Texas
Since 2006, Bath Expo has been providing our customers throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas with high-quality shower replacement options. In addition to shower pans, we also offer beautiful shower wall surround options, accessories, and more so that you get a new shower that meets all of your needs. Plus, we have expert craftsmen who will work hard to ensure that your new shower is installed perfectly, and they can typically complete the installation in just a day or two, allowing you to start enjoying your new shower almost immediately.
To learn more about the replacement shower options we have available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today. We look forward to working with you to give you the shower you’ve always dreamed of.
Have you been considering remodeling the bathroom in your Central Texas home, but don’t want to deal with the large price tag that comes with it? If so, a more affordable bathroom remodeling idea would be to just remodel the bathing space in your bathroom. By just remodeling this area, you will give your bathroom a completely new look and feel, get to choose a shower or tub that meets all your needs, and save a ton of money when compared to a full remodel.
Turn to the Experts at Bath Expo for an Affordable Bathroom Remodel
Since 2006, Bath Expo has been working with homeowners throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas areas to provide them with affordable bathroom remodeling services. By remodeling the wet area of your bathroom, we are able to give you the bathing space of your dreams at a much more affordable price and with much less inconvenience to your home as opposed to a full remodel. What’s more, we have helpful experts who will listen to your goals and will then work collaboratively with you to help you select a bathing option that will meet all of your needs. Some of the remodeling options we offer include:
- New showers
- Wall surrounds
- Walk-in showers
- Roll-in showers
- Shower-to-tub conversions
- New bathtubs
- Spa and whirlpool tubs
- Tub-shower combos
- Tub-to-shower conversions
- Walk-in tubs
- And more
If you’re ready to remodel the bathing space in your home by having a new bathtub or shower installed, contact the professionals at Bath Expo today. We proudly serve homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas.
If you’re looking to remodel the master bathroom in your home, but don’t want to deal with the frustrations and inconvenience that typically comes with a full remodel, consider just remodeling the bathing area. By having a new bathtub, shower, or tub-shower combo installed, you can give your bathroom a whole new look and feel at just the fraction of the cost when compared to a full remodel. Additionally, you’ll get to completely customize your new bathing area, allowing you to choose the style, color, and accessory options so you can get a new tub or shower that meets your needs as well as your aesthetic preferences.
We Can Remodel Your Bathroom in Just a Few Days
When you’re looking to remodel the master bathroom in your home, consider working with the professionals at Bath Expo. We have a variety of incredible bathing options for you to select from including traditional bathtubs, walk-in bathtubs, traditional showers, walk-in and roll-in showers, shower-and-tub combos, tub-to-shower conversions, and more, so you can find an upgrade that will meet all of your needs. Plus, our bathing products are durable, easy-to-clean, resistant to mold and bacteria growth, and are backed by a lifetime labor warranty for added peace of mind.
What’s more, our bathtub and shower products can typically be installed in just a few days, minimizing the time your bathroom will be under construction and allowing you to start enjoying your new bathing area almost immediately. To learn more about the bathroom remodeling options we have available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
Do you have an old, outdated bathtub that’s no longer meeting your needs? If so, then it may be time to consider remodeling your bathing area. But with so many different bathtub options available, it can be difficult to know where to start. If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas on what type of bathtub is right for you, then consider the following bathtub styles:
- Traditional bathtub – If you’re happy with a standard bathtub but just want an updated version, then a traditional bathtub is the way to go. These tubs are available in multiple sizes, depths, colors, and skirt style options — and can be made from a variety of materials — so you have a lot of options to choose from. You might even consider a clawfoot tub to achieve a vintage look in your bathroom.
- Walk-in tub – Walk-in tubs are ideal for those looking for a safer way to bathe. Equipped with features like non-slip flooring, grab bars, low-threshold entry, and more, walk-in tubs make bathing a breeze.
- Tub/shower combo – These bathtubs are perfect for people who want the option to either take a bath or shower, depending on the situation. If you need to take a quick shower, then you can, but if you want to relax and enjoy a nice long soak, then you can do that as well.
- Spa/whirlpool tubs – If you’re looking for a spa-like experience, then this is the type of tub that you want. Equipped with adjustable, high-volume jets, these tubs provide a relaxing atmosphere and soothing experience.
Bath Expo Installs Durable and Beautiful Bathtubs for Homeowners Throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio & all of Central Texas
If you’re looking to remodel your bathing area, then there is no better company to trust than Bath Expo. That’s because we offer a variety of incredible bathtub options, including walk-in tubs, replacement tubs, spa/whirlpool tubs, tub/shower combos, and more, that are all gorgeous, durable, and customizable. This means that you can count on receiving a bathtub that will meet all your needs.
To learn more about the bathtub options we have available to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
Simply remodeling your shower is a great way to increase the beauty and functionality of your bathing space without going through the hassle and inconvenience of a full bathroom remodel. However, with so many options available, it can be hard to decide which type of shower is best for your home. If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas, then ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of shower do you want? Are you looking for a traditional shower that will provide the basics, or are you looking for something a little more eye-catching like a frameless shower door or a sleek shower enclosure?
- What type of wall surround will match your style? There are plenty of options to choose from, such as solid colors, tile, or natural stone like marble, so make sure to select one that will create the oasis you’re hoping for.
- Do you need a shower with easy access? If you or someone in your household has difficulty stepping over high thresholds, consider a walk-in or roll-in shower to make entering and exiting the shower easier.
- What type of accessories do you want? Decide if you want your new shower to have certain accessories, such as shelves, seating, and grab bars.
Turn to Bath Expo to Get the Shower of Your Dreams
Since our founding in 2006, Bath Expo has been providing homeowners like you throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas with beautiful showers. We have a large selection of shower options, such as roll-in showers, walk-in showers, and shower enclosures, that all come with a variety of accessories, wall surround options, and more. We do everything we can so our customers can find a shower that matches both their needs and preferences perfectly. When you place a call to us, one of our experienced team members will come to your home for a free, no-obligation consultation. We will take the time to listen to your goals and help you choose the ideal type of shower that will meet them all.
To learn more about the shower options we have available to homeowners throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and all of Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
You may have heard about your friends or neighbors having walk-in tubs installed recently, and that’s because they are growing in popularity by the day. If you’re looking to remodel the existing bathing space in your home, you may be asking yourself, should I get a walk-in tub, too? Well, the two main reasons that people have walk-in tubs installed is because they come with features that enhance both safety and luxury.
Walk-in tubs come with a number of safety features that allow you and your loved ones to age in place, including:
- A low-entry threshold to reduce the risk of slipping while stepping over a high bathtub wall
- A raised seat and grab bars to make lowering yourself into and lifting yourself out of the tub easier
- Non-slip flooring to help you maintain your balance while in the tub
- And much more
Walk-in tubs can also be equipped with a number of luxurious features to make bathing more enjoyable than ever, including:
- Hydrotherapy jets that have been shown to ease tension, improve circulation, and alleviate stiff muscles and joints
- Mini-jets that will continuously circulate hot water, allowing you to enjoy a long, relaxing soak
- LED lights that are placed around the walk-in tub, so you can change the color of the water to positively influence your feelings, mood, and emotions
Work with Bath Expo to Have a Walk-in Tub Installed in Your Home
Since 2006, Bath Expo has been installing incredible walk-in tubs in Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, and throughout Central Texas that allow homeowners to age in place more safely while also enjoying an extremely relaxing bathing experience. If you’re ready to reap the benefits of a walk-in tub, contact the professionals at Bath Expo today.
Walk-in tubs are a great upgrade for your bathroom because they combine luxury and safety for an incredible bathing experience. If you’ve been considering having one installed in your home, you might be thinking about completing the installation yourself. Although installing a walk-in tub can be tricky and is best left to professionals, here are the general steps to follow for a DIY installation:
- Remove the existing tub – The first step in installing a walk-in tub is to remove the existing tub, as well as any accessories such as shower heads and drains from your current bathroom. You can do this by disconnecting any plumbing, removing any seals, and then carefully lifting the tub out of its place. Also remove the wall surrounds if you plan to replace them, too.
- Install the drain and wiring – Now that your old tub has been removed, it’s time to put in the drain fitting and electrical connections. You should hire a licensed, insured electrician install the wiring to make sure that it is done properly.
- Install the plumbing – Install all the plumbing your walk-in tub will require such as pipes, faucets, and valves. It’s probably best to hire a licensed, insured plumber to complete this part.
- Set your walk-in tub into place – Set the walk-in tub into its final location and make sure that it is level. Then, bolt it to the floor and hook up all the drains and electrical connections. Make sure to seal any areas where water might seep in or out.
- Install the wall surrounds – After your walk-in tub is installed, install the wall surrounds of your choice.
Turn to the Experts at Bath Expo for a Professional Walk-in Tub Installation
A walk-in tub installation can be intimidating and difficult for the average homeowner. If you want to speak to professionals about a project like this, turn to the experts at Bath Expo. We have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right.
To learn more about the walk-in tubs and installation services we offer to homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio area, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.
Replacing an existing bathtub with a walk-in shower has become a popular upgrade for many homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas. This is mainly because homeowners appreciate walk-in showers for their convenience and beauty, and often no one in the home uses the bathtub anyway. If you’re considering taking on this task yourself, here are the general steps you will need to follow:
- Remove the existing tub and wall surround – The first thing you’ll need to do is remove your existing tub, as well as any tile and backerboards so that your installation area is down to the original skeleton.
- Upgrade plumbing – While your plumbing is exposed, have it inspected by a licensed, insured plumber and ask them to make any necessary upgrades. If your tub didn’t have a showerhead installed, you’ll need to ask your plumber to add one.
- Replace the framing and subfloor — Inspect the wall studs and subfloor for mildew, mold, and rot and replace or repair as needed.
- Install a vapor barrier and cement backerboard — Staple your vaper barrier (at least 4-mm thick) to the studs. The vapor barrier must cover the entire walls and floor of your shower area. Then install cement backerboard on the walls over the vapor barrier. Use concrete backerboard screws to secure the backerboard to the studs. Do not use drywall to build your shower walls.
- Apply seam tape and a waterproof membrane — Apply cement backerboard seam tape to the places where the edges of the cement backerboard meet. Coat the tape with thinset mortar. After the thinset is dry, use a paintbrush or roller to apply two coats of waterproof membrane.
- Choose and install your shower pan – You will have to choose what type of shower pan you want to use and then install it into the floor of the existing bathing space. For a walk-in shower, you’ll want a shower pan with the lowest lip possible to minimize tripping hazards.
- Install the tile or other wall surround – Now you have to install the tile or wall surround to cover up the walls and to give your new walk-in shower the style that you want.
Let the Experts at Bath Expo Replace Your Tub with a Walk-in Shower
Since our founding in 2006, Bath Expo has helped countless homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Central Texas areas replace their tubs with walk-in showers. Our installation experts have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right, and we only use beautiful, high-quality products. If you’re ready to replace your old and outdated tub with the walk-in shower of your dreams, contact Bath Expo today.
Remodeling a shower is a great way to upgrade your bathing space without having to deal with the hassle, frustrations, and high cost of remodeling your entire bathroom. However, there are a lot of things you need to consider to ensure that your new shower will give you everything you’re looking for to make the remodeling process worth it. Before you choose a shower, consider these questions:
- Do you want to enlarge your shower?
- What kind of accessories do you want your new shower to have?
- Do you want more storage space for items like shampoo bottles, soap, and other products?
- What is your budget going to be?
After you’ve answered all of these questions, it’s time to start looking for a remodeling company that can meet all your needs. Take your time and do some research to ensure that the company you choose to work with is highly experienced and has great reviews.
Bath Expo – The Shower Remodeling Professionals You Can Count On
If you live in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, or another area in Central Texas, and are looking for a company to remodel your shower, look no further than the professionals at Bath Expo. Since 2006, we have been helping homeowners upgrade their showers by providing them with top-of-the-line products combined with caring customer service. After you place a call to us, we will come out to your home for a free, no-obligation consultation where we will listen to what you want to get out of your shower remodel, and then only recommend a solution that will meet both your needs and your budget.
If you’re ready to have the shower of your dreams installed at your Central Texas home, contact the experts at Bath Expo today.
Over time, the moisture from your shower combined with the bathing products you use will turn into water deposits and soap scum, causing your shower doors to look streaky and foggy. Luckily, if you know what you’re doing, shower doors can be cleaned rather easily. If you want to clean your shower doors so that they look brand new again, follow these steps:
- Choose your cleaning product – There are a number of shower cleaners available at stores that are highly effective, or you can choose to make your own. Go with whatever you’re more comfortable with.
- Take a hot shower – Taking a hot shower, or at least running the hot water in your shower will loosen up the scum on your shower doors, making them easier to clean.
- Spray and wipe down your doors – Take your cleaning solution and spray your shower doors with it, then use a sponge to scrub them.
- Let the solution set and then wipe it off – Let the cleaning solution rest for about 15-30 minutes and then wash down the doors with a clean, watery sponge.
- Wipe the door down with a squeegee – Lastly, wipe off all the remaining water with a squeegee and you should be left with clean shower doors that look great.
Bath Expo Offers a Variety of Gorgeous Shower Door Options
At Bath Expo, we have a beautiful selection of shower door options available, which we often pair with a brand new shower space for our customers. When you decide to work with us, you can choose from a range of features such as traditional shower door frames or frameless doors, clear glass or glass with finishes, and doors that swing or slide open to get the perfect shower doors to meet your specific needs.
For more information about the shower doors we install for homeowners in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio areas, as well as throughout Central Texas, contact Bath Expo today.